Kia Motors’ response to COVID-19
In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kia Motors is supporting customers and communities around the world in the fight against the virus.
Kia recognizes the sacrifices made by healthcare professionals and volunteers globally, and is providing fleets of vehicles to frontline personnel to facilitate mobility at a time when they need it most.
The company is also working closely with governments to support communities and organizations on the front line to counteract COVID-19, in the form of financial donations and provision of medical and personal protection equipment.
Kia has also established a range of national and international after service programs to offer peace of mind to customers who may be facing financial strains or mobility restrictions during this time.
Finally, the company has introduced a range of measures to create a safe working environment for its employees in all regions to ensure their health and safety throughout this time.
Our efforts around the world
- ‘Kia Promise’ global warranty and service interval extension program
- Payment deferral program*
- Digital showroom and online booking*
- Free vehicle disinfection service*
- Building disinfection and provision of personal sanitation items*
- Employee blood drive and fundraising*
*Implemented in select countries, where available
Africa and Middle East
- Campaign to raise COVID-19 awareness, providing guidance to avoid infection and fun stay-at-home ideas for customers in countries such as Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, and Oman
- Fleet of vehicles provided to Red Cross to assist rescue efforts in Colombia
- Assembly and donation of ventilators for hospitals in Ecuador
- Donation of personal protective equipment for healthcare professionals in Mexico
- Expert consultation established in Mexico to support local government’s pandemic response in line with that of the Korean government
- Protective face shields produced at Georgia manufacturing plant and delivered to Georgia Emergency Management Agency and other medical facilities nationwide, and donation of funds to the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) Foundation Emergency Response Fund in U.S.
- Delivery of face shields to medical facilities nationwide by “Tellurider” volunteers under Kia’s Accelerate The Good Program in U.S.
- Donation to aid homeless youth population during pandemic in U.S.
- Support for healthcare workers in China, including donation of medical supplies and introduction of special discounts
- Production and donation of masks to communities, customers, suppliers, dealers, and employees in China
- Donation of emergency supplies and funds to local governments and medical facilities in China
- Financial donation to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister’s Relief Fund in India
- Training center buildings provided as treatment facility in Korea
- Fleet of vehicles provided for transport of seniors and children and delivery of food and medicine in Czech Republic
- Fleet of vehicles provided to Red Cross and local hospitals in France
- Fleet of vehicles provided to support grocery deliveries in collaboration with the Municipality of Milan to at-risk groups in Italy
- Fleet of vehicles provided to support volunteers, and donation to #MyVmeste fund in Russia
- Fleet of vehicles provided to local hospitals for medical staff to use for commutes or emergencies in Spain
- Fleet of vehicles provided to support healthcare personnel and to enable restaurant deliveries in Sweden
- Donation of disinfectant to support young children, their families, and medical staff in Poland
- Donations to the Red Cross, University Hospital in Martin, and other organizations in Slovakia to fund medical equipment, including face masks for elderly
- Creation of fun social media coloring activities based on drawings of Kia vehicles for families staying at home in France, Poland, Spain, U.K. and others